In consideration of the services of Call of the Wild, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Call of the Wild"), I hereby agree to release and discharge Call of the Wild, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that ________________________________________________________________
(Please list your trip's activities: camping, hiking, backpacking, and so on.)
entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: the hazards of traveling in mountainous, desert, and other terrain, and they include the risks of injury or illness in remote places, absence of medical facilities, injury by forces of nature, and accidents during transportation by any means. Furthermore, Call of the Wild guides have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be ignorant of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather, the elements, or the terrain. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Call of the Wild from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Call of the Wild's equipment or facilities, including any such Claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Call of the Wild.
4. Should Call of the Wild or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume--and bear the costs of--all risks that may be created directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
I hereby authorize Call of the Wild to take any steps necessary for the administration of emergency medical or dental care and for rescue operations. Call of the Wild is authorized to secure, at my expense and risk, said rescue operations and emergency hospital or medical care or treatment.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Call of the Wild on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.